In 1909 or 1910 the 200-seater Eldorado Cinematograph Theatre opened in this building. The cinema was operated by the New Eldorado Cinematograph Theatre Company Ltd. In July 1910 the cinema was prosecuted for operating without a licence, an oversight which was quickly put right. In 1913 the name was changed to the Hampstead Picture Palace, though it was also known as the Hampstead Electric Theatre.
In 1915 there were again licensing troubles and alterations had to be made to comply with the regulations. Once more a new licence was granted but despite this by the end of 1916 the cinema had closed down and was converted into the Tube Tea Rooms (Hampstead Underground station is nearby). There have been several changes of use over the years and the premises are now part of the Gaucho Grill chain.