Starting as a hall which showed films intermittently from 1905 and permanently from 1908, the venue was taken over in 1911 by Montagu Pyke as part of the Pyke Circuit of "Cinematograph Theatres". Reconstructed, it had a capacity of 780 seats. After Pyke's bankruptcy in 1915 it was taken over by the Peckham Property Company as an overflow to its Tower Cinema further along Rye Lane at No. 116 and was renamed the Tower Annexe Cinema. (Whether it showed the same films as the Tower or was independently programmed is not clear).
The Tower Annexe became part of the Israel Davis Electric Pavilions chain and in 1926 was taken over by Provincial Cinematograph Theatres, part of the Gaumont British Theatres Corporation. The cinema was closed for good in 1940 and was bomb-damaged during the Second World War.
After various commercial uses the building has become a seemingly thriving newsagent business, as shown in the 2010 photograph above.
With acknowledgments to Ken Roe of the Cinema Theatre Association
Black-and-white photograph courtesy of Cinema Theatre Association Archive